"Over the past seven years, we’ve seen exactly how influential the Santam Women of the Future Awards
are, both in terms of recognising the incredible entrepreneurial talent of South African women and
in terms of how they have helped boost the winning businesses onto another level," says Suzy Brokensha, editor of FAIRLADY
"Historically, South African women have been a force to be reckoned with, and these awards are the perfect showcase for their determination and innovation. I’m looking forward to what this year’s entries will bring," Brokensha adds.
"We have seen how these private social initiatives have a direct impact on South African families and communities," says TRUELOVE
editor Makhosazana Zwane-Siguqa. "We are delighted to be part of this initiative once again, and are eagerly awaiting the applications from South African women who make a difference — not just for themselves, but for their communities too — especially as we navigate a troubled economy during the Covid-19 pandemic."
"We are very excited to continue our partnership with FAIRLADY
on this journey of discovering talented and incredible women entrepreneurs who have started, and are operating successful businesses in South Africa," says Mokaedi Dilotsotlhe, chief marketing officer at Santam. "I hope we will unearth more hidden gems and share inspiring stories about brave and courageous women that we are all yearning for."How it works
Entrepreneurs can enter one of three categories:
- The Santam Woman of the Future title, which is awarded to an entrepreneur aged 30 or older whose business is more than 1 000 days old. This is also someone who is well on her way to establishing an extensive enterprise.
- The Santam Rising Star title, which is awarded to an entrepreneur between 16 and 30 years old. This is someone who is still within her first 1 000 days, but whose business will flourish beyond them.
- The Santam Social Entrepreneur title, which is awarded to an entrepreneur aged 30 or older who is making a real difference in her community. Her business/social enterprise/NPO has survived the first 1 000 days.
- R100 000 in cash to the Woman of the Future and R60 000 in cash each to the Rising Star and the Social Entrepreneur from Santam
- A full-page advertisement in FAIRLADY or TRUELOVE to promote the business, social enterprise or NPO
- An hour’s mentorship with one of the judges
- A one-year supply of African Extracts Rooibos skincare products (beauty sponsor), worth R3 500
- A GetSmarter online short course, worth R11 900
- Leather accessories, worth R5 000, from Zemp
- Business printing, worth R5 000, from Lithotech
- A women’s branded watch, worth R6 599, from American Swiss Fine Jewellers
- A Samsonite Prodigy Spinner Expandable (55cm) carry-on, worth R5 000
Individuals can head to www.womenofthefuture.co.za to enter or to nominate an entrepreneur. Entries close on Wednesday, 23 June.
For more information, visit www.fairlady.com
. You can also follow FAIRLADY
or on Instagram